If you are going to have a private chauffeur taking you around our lovely countryside, you’ll want to be sure of some basic qualities if the holiday is going to go with a bang. After all, if you’re to be with them for anything up to a couple of weeks you want to be sure they are trustworthy, friendly, and reliable.
The Right Accreditation
You could just pick any old chauffeur to drive you around on your holiday or you could pick one that has all the right qualifications. As with anything nowadays, it pays to keep yourself protected. Your private chauffeur for a tour round Ireland should be fully licensed, insured and be a member of all the appropriate bodies, including:
- A member of the Association of Bonded Travel Organisers Trust (ABTOT) or ITAA, which means payments are secure and fully protected.
- A member of the Association of Approved Tourist Guides of Ireland (AATGI) which means they adhere to a strict code of conduct.
- A member of the National Chauffeur Drivers Association of Ireland (NCDA) which means they are geared to presenting a positive image of Ireland for any foreign visitors.
- Affiliated to the national tourism development authority, Failte Ireland.
The Right Attitude
You are going to spend perhaps a couple of weeks with your chauffeur and that means you want someone personable, knowledgeable and reliable. That’s why it helps to use a company that has a reputation for providing drivers and tour guides who go that little bit further than all the rest. Private tours are customized to your requirements, but having someone to advise you beforehand on the best places to visit, who knows their way around and is flexible to your changing needs can make all the difference.
The Right Comfort
It’s not just the driver tour guide that needs to be top notch if you are going to enjoy your holiday. They need to be driving a vehicle that is fully air conditioned and comfortable to ride. There’s nothing worse than touring the country if you are all cramped up, especially if you have a large group or family. When picking your tour company then it’s best to check out the vehicles they use and make sure you’ll have all the room and comfort you need.
The Right Reputation
Reputation counts for a lot and you only get that if you provide a consistently good service. When checking out a tour company have a look at their testimonials and see what their customers have said about them. You can usually tell by reading the content whether these are real or not and they will give you a good idea of the kind of service you can expect to receive on your holiday.
There are a few other indications that will tell you whether you are making the right choice of company:
- First of all their website should be clear and easy to navigate.
- There should be some great choices to go for.
- The company should be easy to contact and willing to answer all your questions.
With a little thought and careful consideration you can make your tour of Ireland something memorable by choosing the right private chauffeur, and if they tick all the boxes above you can sure that you are going to have a good time.